James left Tina right on the altar. Tina was in pain, disbelief, distraught and disappointed. To her this meant the end of her life. Sometimes, life doesn’t play nice towards us. But this doesn’t mean you can’t be happy again and live the life that you ever wanted.
The turning point in such dire circumstances all starts by using the power of positive thinking to keep up head straight. This article provides some of these empowering beliefs that you can use in your daily life.
Empowering Beliefs to Make You Smile
1. I embrace change. Accept that life is a series of changes. Focus on the present moment, and prepare yourself to adapt to whatever circumstances come your way.
2. I count my blessings. List each thing that you have to be grateful for. Remember to include the smaller items, like warm socks or tart cranberries. Expressing your appreciation reminds you of how rich you are.
3. I learn from mistakes. You can make setbacks work for you by focusing on the lessons that they contain. Flubbing one job interview can teach you how to ace the next one.
4. I practice forgiveness. Lighten your load by clearing away any resentment you’re holding onto from the past. Set reasonable boundaries while you respond with compassion when others disappoint you. Pardon yourself too.
5. I understand my potential. You can achieve amazing results when you put your mind to it. Feel excited about reaching your true potential.
6. I dream big. Expand your wish list. Setting demanding but attainable goals gives you adventures to look forward to each day.
7. I find meaning in adversity. Tough times can be the most rewarding phase of your life. Know that you can emerge from any challenge with greater wisdom and courage. Look back at the obstacles you’ve already overcome and reassure yourself that you can handle what’s ahead.
8. I give generously. Sharing your blessings makes you more powerful and joyful. Volunteer in your community and speak kindly to each person you meet today. Buy coffee for your co-workers or give your receptionist a flower.
Empowering Beliefs to Make You Strive
1. I recognize opportunities. Stay alert for promising openings. You may meet a new friend while you’re standing in line to buy your morning coffee.
2. I apply effort. Figure out your definition of success so you know what is worth working for. Give yourself credit when you’re making progress rather than comparing yourself to others.
3. I leverage my strengths. You have your own individual strengths that you can draw on. Figure out what you’re good at and what you want to do. Let that knowledge guide your choices.
4. I try new things. Be open to experimentation. Go kayaking one weekend instead of playing tennis. Bake your own bread or knit a scarf. You may discover hidden talents.
5. I ask for help. Expand your capabilities by building a sturdy support network. Carpool with other parents. Divide up household chores with your spouse and children.
6. I connect with others. Moral support counts too. Surround yourself with loving and encouraging family and friends. Participate actively in your faith community. Join a club with members who share your interest in solar power or badminton.
7. I take responsibility. You are in charge of your life. Hold yourself accountable for the outcomes you create. Celebrate the fact that you have the power to determine your own future.
8. I listen to feedback. Ask for feedback, so you can enhance your performance and show others that you respect their point of view. You grow faster when you gather solid input that you can translate into action.
A never say die attitude increases your happiness and productivity. Always making sure that your beliefs are backed by facts gives you a sense of certainty about yourself and your future. Adopt empowering beliefs that build up your confidence and prepare you for greater success. Start today. You’ll be glad you did!