Do you feel embarrassed because of the bitter reactions from nonsmoker’s towards you whenever you get in the act? Smoking cigars may be a great source of pleasure in your life, but the courteous smoker knows that not everyone enjoys the taste (or smell!) of a good Cuban. How true would that be one might be tempted to ask? Well look at this possible real life scenario, where you are been accomodated by a friend ( a non-smoker to be precise) who has kids surely you will definitely know that having the apartment been engulfed by that cigarette fumes won’t be welcomed at all. With the fervor of anti-smoking campaigns still in full swing, the importance of enjoying a good stogie while not offending others cannot be stressed enough. Simply remember that while you are smoking a cigar, it can be difficult to gauge the smell that others are experiencing. And don't forget that cigar smokes can leave a mighty strong residue on clothing, furniture, and even the walls! In order to enjoy your stogie without losing friends or heavy conscience its vital to learn to become a considerate and courteous cigar smoker.
In this article we would cover five basic etiquettes which is essential for every smoker. These includes:
• If you live with non-smokers, try to find a well-ventilated area of your residence where you can smoke comfortably. Although it may be tempting to lock yourself away in an office or bedroom, it's probably not a good idea to smoke in an enclosed area unless it has a window. Make sure you have easy access to the window. Never smoke in a closed area! You are more likely to inhale the toxic air from your own cigar. If possible, go outside to smoke. Pull up a lawn chair; relax on the porch, or any other open area where you can smoke comfortably. Get as far away as possible to non-smokers, especially children and the elderly. Remember that cigar smoke contains many carcinogens that can be easily inhaled by non-smokers.
• If you must smoke a cigar outside your home, remember that the courteous and respectful smoker will only light up where legally permitted. Do no light up in a bar, hotel, or restaurant where smoking is clearly prohibited. The courteous cigar smoker will also make sure to smoke in the company of other smokers. If you are with someone who does not smoke, ask his or her permission. If they agree, be considerate about it. Make sure the smoke isn't wafting in their direction. Sit near an open window or space. Make sure the air conditioner or current is moving the smoke in their direction! Also, make sure no one around you is eating. The secondhand smoke from a discourteous smoker is a surefire way to ruin a meal.
• A courteous cigar smoker will also be aware of their ashes. If you must smoke outside your home, make certain to dispose of your ashes in a safe and appropriate container. Don't forget that ashes can easily blow away, especially in lower quality cigars. Don't litter with ashes, and be careful they don't blow near anyone around you.
• Always try to freshing up after smoking. After smoking the smoke resides on your skin and clothes which smell could be offensive to others. A lit advice to handle such is to wash your skin with water and change your clothes after smoking. Also do remember that the cigarette smell lingers in your breath which isn’t good for you when having a conversation. To handle this is issue you can choose to brush your mouth, use a mint or mouth wash.
• At this point you might feel it somewhat becoming difficult to use a cigarette with all this rules but here is the simple solution. Striving to smoke around fellow smokers saves you the stress of keeping this bunch of commandments.
It’s noteworthy that is quite stressful to be a smoker out there, undoubtedly it can be likened to a cage. Well for one to be free one has to gain control over this habit and what better way could it be done than taken advice from the eBook titled Proven Methods That Will Crush Your Cigarette Hunger In 72hrs. Get your copy of this eBook by clicking here